What is the purpose of this role
Senior developers in Code&Pepper drives the projects from start to finish from technological point of view. With close collaboration with Product Owner and UX/UI Designer and other key members of the project you will create end-to-end solutions in the FinTech domain.
Support to your colleagues will be an integral part of your work. At the same time you will be able to count on other developers, Principal Software Engineer and Product Owner to support the project.
What you will be responsible for
- The main tasks of a Senior Ruby Engineer will be to focus on the development of the Rails-backed GraphQL API, and to support the ongoing proliferation of backend services to support front-end clients across multiple product streams
- As a Senior Ruby Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in helping shape the future of the product
- Work closely with other Engineers, UX Designers and Product Managers
- Pioneer the development and be relied upon as one of our greatest technical experts, expected to help scale and innovate our product whilst also building new solutions
- Mentor, train and support other engineers in order to develop our in-house development skills
Who we are looking for
- Very good knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with databases systems (especially MySQL)
- Good knowledge of GraphQL
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Experience with CI/CD (e.g. Bitrise)
- Good knowledge of using automated testing frameworks such as Cypress
- Experience with AppSignal + Rollbar
- Confidence in refactoring and working with both new and existing codebases
- Experience with deploying and managing applications on the cloud
- A strong and flexible work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- English speaking skills
What we offer
- Possibility to work remotely (permanently – not only during the pandemic)
- The project in which we are building products with scalability, resilience and security in mind
- Impact on the whole codebase (peer reviews)
- Working closely with both QA & Product to ensure the delivery of well-tested and thought-out features
- Working in Agile methodology (SCRUM)
- 26 days of paid holidays per year (+ additionally paid bank holidays)
- 30 days sick leave per year (paid 80%)
- Flexible working hours
- Taking part in development-related events (conferences, trainings)
- Several online-training platforms access
- MultiSport Plus Package
- Private healthcare
- 2 days per year for self-development
- MacBook Pro
Why work for Code & Pepper
you do best
with no secrets
just for you!
of sick leave
What is it like at Code & Pepper?
Agnieszka Kopiczko Project Manager
This has been the most challenging, interesting and fulfilling job in my career so far. I know I can count on my team and we stand for each other in case any project issues occur. But most of all, I have learnt a lot and I’m still learning every day.
Bartosz Janowski Senior Full-Stack Developer
Working at Code & Pepper means constant development for me. With each new project, I discover a new level of my capabilities and learn the latest technology, while helping clients create and develop their outstanding products.
Kasia Kramnik Content Marketing Associate
Code & Pepper gives me a lot of creative freedom – I can bring my initiatives forward and get all the support I need. Also, I’m happy to work in a place that contributes to the community of women in IT!